Graduated at Medical University in Turin – Italy in 1978 he moved to the United States first and afterwards to France for more than ten years where he completed his Board in maxillofacial surgery and in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, working as Resident and Researcher in the most prestigious Plastic Surgery Departments and Institutes worldwide (mostly in USA, Brazil, Spain and France).
After completing his training and taking several specialization in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, he moved back to Italy in 1989.
During his career Prof. Zocchi performed more than 10.000 surgical procedures in the field of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery dedicating meanwhile a great part of his time and his energies to the scientific research and to the teaching, in University Institutes, in International Congresses and in Educational Programs.
He took part as Invited Speaker, and most of the time as Honour Guest, in more than 400 International Congresses in over 40 countries.
Prof. Zocchi is author of more than 150 articles, monographs and books chapters in the most prestigious international Journals in the field of plastic surgery and regenerative surgery.
He is Full Member or Honorary Member of more than 20 international Surgical Societies and Professional Associations.
He speaks fluently Italian, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
Prof. Zocchi is, at the present time, recognized as one of the pioneers and most prominent professional figures worldwide in the field of the of adipose tissue physio-pathology and engineering and among the most prominent professional figures worldwide for the body-contouring surgery and regenerative surgery.
• He is Adjoint Professor at the University of Science at the H.C.M. Vietnam National University.
• He is Aggregate Professor at the Institute of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of Medical University of Padua – Italy.
• He is Founder Member and International Advisor of the Chinese Society of Adipose Medicine (CSAM).
• He is Chairman of the International Academy of Regenerative Medicine (IARM).
• He is Scientific Director of the Continuous Educational Program (PFP) of SICPRE – Italian Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
• He is the National Coordinator for the Chapter of Aesthetic Surgery of the Italian Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (SICPRE).
• He is National Delegate for Italy for the European Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (ESPRAS).
Professional Interests and Skills
Prof. Zocchi focalized his professional interest mostly on the domain of lipoplasty, breast surgery and regenerative surgery and gave a fundamental contribute to research and development of new surgical techniques inventing and perfecting all the related instruments.
1) The Ultrasonic Assisted Lipoplasty (U.A.L.)
A new and revolutionary method which is nowadays widespread, used for the tri-dimensional treatment of body lipodystrophy exploiting the ultrasonic energy. Thanks to its effects, exclusively limited and focalized to the adipose tissue, it is possible to treat very large areas of the body (up to 45%) and remove safely big amounts of fat tissue in only one surgical session (up to 32 lt.) extending so the indications of this technique also to the treatment of overweight and obesity (MEGA LIPOPLASTY).
2) The Bi-compartmental Breast Lipostructuring (B.B.L.S.)
A new surgical technique for breast augmentation that enables the surgeon to increase the breast’s volume without using silicone implants and meanwhile to remodel the body profile.
3) The Lipocondensation and the enriched fat grafts (E.F.G.)
In order to improve patient’s safety and to limit complications Prof. Zocchi developped in close cooperation with a Korean Surgeon (J. Lee) a new surgical technique called Lipocondensation standardizing the procedure and improving the related surgical equipment. This new “oil free” fat transfer technique eliminate “in vitro” before the reimplantation the largest portion of oil contained in the adipocytes (TGS).
With this technique the adulte mature adipocytes containing the oil (TGS) are destroyed while the Stromal Vascular Fraction (S.V.F.) integrity is totally preserved.
4) The Adipose Derived Stem Cells (A.D.S.C.)
This new revolutionary technique is finalized to the production of adult mesenchimal stem cells to be used for tissue regeneration for breast reconstruction, for facial aging, for aesthetic and functional recovery of out-coming scars and for many other clinical uses in all those medical fields which deal with regeneration of autologous tissue.
5) The Acellular Adipose Matrix
The A.A.M. is an injectable tissue-engineered adipose tissue substitute, ready to use “off the shelves” that could be used to deliver stem cells (ADSC), offering meanwhile the capability of filling irregular defects and stimulating natural soft tissue regeneration, would have a tremendous value in Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery and in many other medical specialties whenever a strong Regenerative Action is required.